PT Music Teacher
The CCGC School Music Teacher designs and deliver lessons geared towards the individual needs and capabilities of the students under their supervision. The CCGC Music Teacher sets learning goals for each student, assesses their progress, and records their evaluations. This is a part –time, 10 hour a week non-benefited position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides curriculum for music program for students grades K - 8.
- In collaboration with Teaching Assistants charts, graphs and collects data on student performance and behavior.
- Must participate in CPI training and become certified to perform therapeutic holds on students when necessary. Must participate in periodic re-certification as scheduled by the Crisis Intervention Coordinator.
- Provides classroom supervision of Teaching Assistants assigned to the classroom.
- Provides input to assigned teacher for student progress reports to be sent to the LEA and given and discussed with parents, based on goals and objectives in the child's IEP.
- Maintains communication with Educational Services Director and clinical teams.
- Participate, as required, in team meetings to discuss student's progress.
- Orders classroom supplies and music materials in collaboration with the Educational Services Director.
- Meets weekly with Educational Director to discuss students' progress, and other relevant matters.
B.A. required, M.A. preferred