One to One Teaching Assistant
JOB TITLE: 1:1 Teaching Assistant
SUPERVISED BY: Special Education Teacher
The 1:1 Teaching Assistant is responsible for providing support to their assigned student. Working closely with the student providing ongoing support with educational lessons and activities to teachers in a classroom setting. The 1:1 Teaching Assistant will help with clerical tasks, enforce classroom rules and provide general care and supervision to their assigned student. This is a durational position and contingent upon the assigned one to one student's enrollment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation of class lessons, activities, and special events as instructed by the teacher or administrators.
- Helps maintain the flow of the classroom lessons and activities by organizing and preparing supplies and materials for your assigned student use.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of assigned student needs, class rules, class procedures, and instructional materials in order to anticipate and respond in the classroom environment.
- Account for your assigned student’s whereabouts and provide ongoing support.
- Provide personal assistance to assigned student as required by their age and developmental level.
- Supervise assigned student during activities outside of the classroom, including field trips, playground and cafeteria.
- Participates actively in weekly staff meetings and attends group specific to professional development.
- Obtains and maintains CPI certification.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing schedules and teacher expectations.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and/or assignments given in oral and written form.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all disciplines directly related to the day to day function of the school.
- Responsible for the general housekeeping of the classroom
Bachelor’s in Human Services or related field preferred. High School Diploma required. Excellent communication skills a must.