Physical Education Teacher
JOB TITLE: Physical Education Teacher
Hours: Minimum of 10 hours and up to 20 hours per week if mutually agreed upon
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Education
The Physical Education teacher is responsible for providing physical, behavioral, and emotional skills through physical activity and enabling students to recognize the importance of participating in physical activities. This position is a part-time, 10-hour-per-week that reports directly to the Director of Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe students' fine and gross motor skills.
- Develop physical activity, movement, and fitness curriculum aligned with CT SDE guidelines.
- Provide a safe learning environment.
- Review students’ progress.
- Provide progress reports for PPT meetings as requested.
- Collaborates with the special education teacher.
- Participates in school functions.
- Display good role modeling while working with students and staff.
- Provide support and guidance to any student requiring behavioral management.
- Obtains and maintains CPI certification.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Director of Education.
B.A. or B.S. degree in physical education is required.